Thursday, July 19, 2007

Slog.

It seems that every day I'm slaving away at my various projects and getting nowhere with them. I'm planning some major overhauls of my syllabi for the fall (this blog among them) and writing an article/conference paper based on my course from last spring, "Into the Woods." I am teaching a creative writing course in Somerville in August, and I may have picked up a research project from a friend. But teachers never work in the summer. ;)

Here's a list, in no particular order, of all the crap I have to do:
1. finish day-by-day schedules for syllabi.
2. email R.S. about mistakes (numerous!) in the punctuation/grammar pretest.
3. make final decisions about readings.
4. Decide which of these projects I will teach this semester: A. "Relationships," "Text and Images," "Definitions and Mythbusting," "Local Issues," "Local Issues plus Research," "CD Review," "Analyzing Ads and Marketing." I've sort of made my decisions, but . . . I don't know if I really want to teach different topics at each school.
5. Write an example for each project -- to be posted here.
6. Prepare, organize and copy/scan handouts.
7. Figure out what I want to do with the obligatory WebCT site at the other school.
8. read .pdf articles for article/paper.
9. write the bloody article already.
10. finish preparations for creative writing class.
11. say "Yes," to research project and present it by mid-September.

That's all I can articulate right now.

No comments: